On the Road...

Its about the journey so far...

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

CRAP

Residing in US for the last 3 years has its advantage. For me, it meant getting good with acronyms and plans.

Plans...plans are good. Even if not followed, one should have them. So one fine day, I started creating "CRAP" and it oozed out over the next few days.

CRAP stand for "Civil Response Action Plan". The beauty, it's closely alligned with the policies adopted by Govt of India.

As Indians we a unique sense to react to acts of terror. The process goes like this,

Asleep - Unaware - Bomb - Surprise - Aware - Asleep - Bomb - Cry - Symapathise - Asleep - Bomb - Anger - Blabber - Asleep - Bomb - Fed up - Laugh - Asleep - Bomb - Plan - Blog - Asleep - Bomb - Die.

It's different over here in US. The Yankees go this way,

Ready - Bomb the bad guy - Go bankrupt - Starve - Die

The Indian 24 step process is far better. A terrorist has to try atleast 24 times to succeed. On top of that, the process has a inbuilt mechanism to iterate. So we are allowed to surprised after every bomb phase. I will tell ya, this is the biggest reason for depression in terrorists.

By now you must have realised that I am a deep thinker.

Now to move forward, lets see where I stand tody. Blog is step 21 - so thats where I stand. In 3 steps, I will reach the the end and all of you step 9 (you have an option to do a quick step 8).

In the blog phase I plan to tell you what I did in step 20 - Plan. I created CRAP - Civil Response Action Plan.

It's very much an action oriented and proactive plan. Action plan means detail actions that others can take after I or you are through with step 24. Proactive means planning for those actions before we reach step 24.
Here are some snapshots,

1. Location, Location, Location:
This famous marketing mantra fits perfectly in my plan. CRAP needs 2 locations. One where the bomb goes off and second is your home. People should know where to gather. Make your home address immediately available to the media. Rest will be taken care of.

2. Media plan:
To have an effective media plan, we need to understand TRP, the lifeblood of media industry.
A simplistic formula is,

TRP ratings = [No. of dead + (No. of Critically injured /2) + (No. of other injured /10)] * Time slot of attack * Responders

Time of attack and Responders is a force multiplier. So if the attack happens in prime time, it is premium. NSG response is jackpot, not so for police. As I said, this is a simplistic formula. I do not wish to complicate when I have only 3 steps to go.

3. Investment plan:
We will be the biggest source of income for our families after step 24. Blood money from Central, state, municipal governments, governer etc etc. Ahh, not to forget the ubiquitous Nagarsevak. Then there will be contributions from co-workers. Government job for one dependant. Purasakar's from well meaning NGO's for graduating step 24. So much money and no investment plan...nah. Have one !

4. The dignitories:
When we die, the family which made sacrifices for the nation will come to visit. The family will be joined by other anguished souls like PM, HM and others, sharing our grief. A plan for these visits is very crucial. It's important to welcome them, narrate the lifestory of our dead, pose for the snapshot and most important, to control our anger. Otherwise the family will end up making further sacrifices for the nation.

5. Legacy:
Last but not the least, Legacy !! Simpally put, it means a medium sized board with your name on it. But its critical to identify a place where it can be put. In my case, I have a wide choice that I can stake claim to. In my society there are 3 parks, all unnamed. You can pick either a badminton court or a children's park or the jogging track to put the board against. If you ask me, I will prefer the track right in front of my house - Swa. Kedar Vaidya Jogging Track.

I don't plan a statue for some crow to crap on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home